List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: DCOP and KOffice
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2005-01-01 16:57:51

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 22:30, Giovanni Venturi wrote:
> Hello,
> I hope someone of you can help me.
> I'm writing an article on DCOP so I'd like to present a final example that
> use KOffice. A bash script. I was thinking of KWord, but any KOffice
> application 1.3.x is good for me. Can someone suggest me what to do? I was
> trying to use KWord DCOP, but I've got some problem. I wanted copy to

> clipboard the HTML text from Konqueror and write it in a KWord file but how

As far as I know, you cannot import HTML text from the clipboard to KWord. :-(

> to open KWord with an empty file and then write it? I was trying:

Do you know:
http://www.koffice.org/developer/dcop/

(It is perhaps not exactly what you want.)

> idkword=`dcopstart kword --templates Empty.desktop` but it tryes to open
> Empty.desktop from my $HOME, if I give it all the path for that file it
> doesn't like it. In which way I can do?
> Thanks for your time and happy holiday :),
> Gianni
>

> P.S.: is there other JJ for KOffice?

The link in
http://www.koffice.org/developer/tasks/kdebugs.php
tells that there are still 5 open JJs.

Otherwise, you can try to find where network transparency is still missing
(either report it to KDE Bugs or try to fix it directly).

Happy new year!