List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: MSOD and PPT import filters
From:       Michael Goldish <michaelgol () bezeqint ! net>
Date:       2004-11-02 17:51:28

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 09:26, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Monday 01 November 2004 22:23, Michael Goldish wrote:
> > On Monday 01 November 2004 18:22, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > > As Werner has told, create an enum or so and set it currently to
> > > PowerPoint. After we will have made all changes to the filter system to
> > > support OASIS (and perhaps to fix other problems), we could try to
> > > implement such things (like what is the format of the parent file.)
> >
> > Even if I can assume the parent file format is powerpoint, I still need
> > data from it, like the color scheme and texts. This data is stored in the
> > PPT file outside the MSOD chunk, which means that normally it's not
> > passed to the MSOD filter. How should I pass it? There's also an option
> > of returning data back from the MSOD filter to the PPT filter (data like
> > locations of text boxes), and letting the PPT filter do the main work. In
> > any case something needs to be done. Or have I misunderstood you? Please
> > forgive me if I'm confusing things - I'm a beginner.
>
> H'm that is bad indeed.
>
> So perhaps that means that the MSOD filter should be changed.
>
> I do not know if there are MSOD files alone (I do not think so), so perhaps
> you would need to integrate this filter more with the current OLE filters.
> (But on the other hand the MS Word filter is not anymore with the other OLE
> filters.)

What do you mean by "integrate this filter more with the current OLE filters"?

Would it be OK to pass the missing information as if it were a MSOD container
record? I know it sounds like a dirty solution, but I can think of no cleaner
way to do it. And it does sound like a way to integrate the filter more with
the current OLE filters - but I'm not sure that's what you meant. I've
already mentioned this on my first post on this subject but you didn't say
whether it's a good idea or not.

Thanks.