List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: MSOD and PPT import filters
From:       Shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2004-11-03 14:54:12

> > So perhaps that means that the MSOD filter should be changed.
> >
> > I do not know if there are MSOD files alone (I do not think so), so
> > perhaps you would need to integrate this filter more with the current OLE
> > filters. (But on the other hand the MS Word filter is not anymore with
> > the other OLE filters.)
>
> What do you mean by "integrate this filter more with the current OLE
> filters"?
>
> Would it be OK to pass the missing information as if it were a MSOD
> container record? I know it sounds like a dirty solution, but I can think
> of no cleaner way to do it. And it does sound like a way to integrate the
> filter more with the current OLE filters - but I'm not sure that's what you
> meant. I've already mentioned this on my first post on this subject but you
> didn't say whether it's a good idea or not.

Sorry I am late to this thread [1], but why can you not just use the parent
passed into the constructor of your filter? That's what I used when I was
trying to work out client anchor stuff (to no success, but that is a
different story).

Thanks, Shaheed

[1] I did post a longer answer last week, but was travelling and that seems to
have gone astray...