List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    New Junior Jobs (kofficecore and KWord/KPresenter)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-11-01 18:10:46

I have a list of new junior jobs to do. (Putting them in KDE Bugs would take
more time.)

1. Replacing ::unlink by QFile::remove
In koffice/lib/kofficecore/koDocument.cc line 1301, there is a call
to ::unlink this should be replaced to QFile::remove (of course then calling
QFile::encodeName is not needed anymore)
(See also if one of the #includes can be removed. I am not sure abou that.)

2. Use KoStoreDevice in KoDocument::savePreview
In koffice/lib/kofficecore/koDocument.cc line 1200, the thumbnail is saved
used QBuffer. It should use KoStoreDevice instead, like in SaveOasisPreview
(line 1181)

3. Network transparency when saving pictures.
In KWord (koffice/kword/kwview.cc line 5913)
and KPresenter (koffice/kpresenter/kpresenter_view.cc line 745), the saving of
the picture is done without network transparency.
KIO::NetAccess::upload should be used (with a KTempFile) if the file is not
local.

Have a nice day!