List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: MSOD and PPT import filters
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-27 19:14:18

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 22:11, Michael Goldish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have yet another newbie question:
>
> KPresenter uses the PPT->KPresenter filter, which uses, for the MSOD data
> in the PPT stream, the MSOD->Karbon filter.
>
> KWord uses MSWord->KWord, which probably uses the MSOD->Karbon filter too.
>
> However, the format of some MSOD data records is specific to powerpoint or
> word, which means the MSOD->Karbon filter has to know which filter is using
> it. Is there any way to tell?

Right now: always the PPT one, as the MS Word filter doesn't decode MSODs yet.
Anyway, it is in theory possible to configure the filter with key/value pairs
(QStrings), so when we need it we can add that stuff. For now just assume
that KPresenter uses it, maybe prepare for later changes.

Ciao,
Werner