List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Something seriously broken in KSpread?
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-10-24 12:40:16

> 1) I was using KOffice 1.1/1.2 before, and reverting back to 1.2 allows me to
> open all my documents again.

Possibly. I wasn't around back in pre-1.3 times, but from what I know,
one of major differences between 1.2 and 1.3 was support for styles,
which led to changes of many things in the file format. There were
attempts to make old files work correctly though - from what you say,
they probably aren't perfect... Maybe the author of the styles (not
sure who it is) will have something more to say?

> 3) I tried opening up some of the template documents in HEAD with KSpread HEAD
> and it still showed the same problems too (rendering problems).  Try this:
> open the invoice template and do a print preview.  Does it look really broken
> for you?

Hm, I'll have a look, this might be just one of the consequences of
various problems in KSpread that shall be adressed in some planned
rewrites and architectural changes later on.

/ Tomas