List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Something seriously broken in KSpread?
From:       Norbert Andres <nandres () web ! de>
Date:       2004-10-24 12:58:43

On Sunday, 24. October 2004 14:40, Tomas Mecir wrote:
> Possibly. I wasn't around back in pre-1.3 times, but from what I know,
> one of major differences between 1.2 and 1.3 was support for styles,
> which led to changes of many things in the file format. There were
> attempts to make old files work correctly though - from what you say,
> they probably aren't perfect... Maybe the author of the styles (not
> sure who it is) will have something more to say?
Hmm, the styles don't effect the 1.2 file formats. A style is nothing but an
additional attribute in the <cell> tag. (Styles get loaded before tables get
loaded)
If the tag is not there everything gets still loaded as in 1.2 (as far as I
can tell - I left KOffice development due to health and other problems in
April 2003 and didn't follow everything happening to KSpread since then.).

Norbert