List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Something seriously broken in KSpread?
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-23 18:47:59

>> I guess 1) is a minor regression and F9 fixes it.  2) is major.
>> Does anyone else see this?  I can't believe that KSpread ships like
>> this anyway, because it's completely unusable.  I get fonts all
>> over the place overlapping, weird chunks of black in random places,
>> text cut-off/out of place, and general weird behaviour such as when
>> I set a font size and then leave the cell, it reverts back to the
>> old font size.
>>
>> Is this just me experiencing this stuff?  What happened?
>
> Hi George,
>
> are your files confidential? Otherwise you could send it me some
> broken ones and I will have a look if it behaves like this on my
> machine as well.

   (sorry folks, please cc: me on responses, I'm not subscribed)

   Anyhow, the files are indeed confidential, but I did more experimenting.
Here's what I discovered:

1) I was using KOffice 1.1/1.2 before, and reverting back to 1.2 allows me to
open all my documents again.
2) I tried HEAD and 1.3 on another machine (different architecture even), and
it showed the same problems.  I tried on even another machine, and the same
problem still.
3) I tried opening up some of the template documents in HEAD with KSpread HEAD
and it still showed the same problems too (rendering problems).  Try this:
open the invoice template and do a print preview.  Does it look really broken
for you?

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/