List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kcalc in kspread
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-27 17:17:43

> What is needed? A dcop interface to read out the numbers on the display of
> kcalc? An interface to send numbers (and possibly also operations)  from
> kspread to kcalc?
>
> I have no clue about spread sheets and how the integration of kcalc into
> kspread was done. So please excuse my questions (and explain a bit)...

KSpread's calculator can take number of the worksheet. Just highlight a
cell and the value (if it's a number) will be in the calculator's display.

If you can replace such functionality with DCOP or whatever interface,
then we can get rid of KSpread's calculator.

Personally I'm not convinced of this calculator thing. However, I agree
that it serves well as an example of writing KSpread tutorial.

Best regards,

Ariya Hidayat