List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    new dependency (Re: koffice/kspread)
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-27 17:12:00

> Activated the new dependency manager, making all necessary changes in relevant
> classes, and got rid of the old dependency handling system.

Well done ! We'll get more and more memory efficient :-P

> Dependency updating seems to be working correctly now - hence closing
> bug 80038 (automatic recalc not working reliably). Some more testing
> would be handy though...

I had only experienced problem with intersheet dependencies (e.g A10 in
Sheet2 is "=Sheet1!A1"). F9 will recalculate them correctly. I think
this may be solved easily.

Also, Tomas, do you have plan to offer a function which allows
retrieving all dependents of a given cell? I plan to make a tester for
dependency manager (since we have the test framework ready) if you don't
have plan to do so.

I remember also that inserting and deleting columns/rows means that we
need to adjust formulas. AFAICS Phillip did a hack, iterating all cells
and check if it refer to such columns/rows. If OTOH the dependency
manager can give cells/ranges which have reference to a given range,
than we can fix that hack. This is I believe also quite a step to have a
solution to the wrong reference in cut/paste (bug #58094).

One last idea: a quick look on this class shows that some functions can
be placed in the DependencyList (i.e. the d-pointer trick again).

Best regards,

Ariya Hidayat