List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Simple (and quick) Xml Reader
From:       dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de
Date:       2004-04-20 14:17:34

> Selon dirk.schoenberger@sz-online.de:
>> If I understand the code correctly, Benoit's parser is an implementation
>> of something called a "XML pull parser", where the client knows in which
>> order the lexical elements will occur.
>>

> Not necessarily... But, for example, it is easier if predefined styles are
> stored in the XML document before they are used...
>
> In fact, both parsers are similar (even if I didn't figure out how
> Clarence
> handles text nodes...): each new tag triggers a callback and then another
> when
> it is closed...

Blush, looks like I haven't looked good enough.
Indeed your parser is Sax-oid, in that there will are sent callbacks if a
lexical element is read.
A XML pull parser would be if you explicitly read the lexical elements,
instead of receiving callbacks.

I.e. in your source code you may have code similar to

XMLPullParser p ("test.xml");
if (p.readTagBegin ("doc"))
{

}