List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Next koffice version.
From:       Laurent Montel <montel () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-04-20 12:56:41

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 00:33, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Sunday 18 April 2004 10:44, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> (...)
>
> > Other question, is it possible to create a koffice-1.4 feature page as
> > http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.3-features.html ?
> > or TODO page.
>
> It seems that KOffice has more chosen the way of TODO files and TODO (or
> FIXME or ### ) comments in code.

It's right, but I think that is better (for other people) to see what we want
to implement for next version.
I don't think that all people have koffice cvs.

> (Also there are now task lists on http://www.koffice.org/developer/tasks
> and on the Wiki)

"http://www.koffice.org/developer/tasks" I never saw it.
Good address.

> > I think that it's important to know what people want to add to koffice
> > program.
>
> The manpower is missing on KOffice-OASIS filters.

It's right.

> Mostly outside porting to OASIS

I know. It's not easy to port all application on this format.

> and Qt4,

It's for the future, koffice will not compile under qt4 before december (I
think), after porting to oasis format (I hope)

> there will probably not be much
> more in the central KOffice applications, as the manpower is still
> relatively low.
>
> > Important feature is to port all koffice program to oasis format, for the
> > moment kspread/kpresenter/kword support oasis format (not 100%).
> > I think that kchart must convert to oasis format (for the moment kchart
> > format is not good :( )
> >
> > It will be a very good idea to port karbon to oasis format.
> >

> > Il will be a very good idea to port kspread to kotext, I don't know how
> > to port it for the moment.
>
> Personally I do not know if it is the right time, as Qt4 is supposed to
> replace at least the basis of KoText.

David ?
We will replace kotext by qt4 text engine or adapt it ?

> > After for other feature, I look at into office or openoffice, but I think
> > it will be a good idea if somebody ask feature etc.
>
> Version control, at least in KWord. That was a goal of a KOffice 2.0,

It's a very good idea.