List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Faster saving
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-04-14 11:56:15

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 12:33, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> The DTD does not allow you too much to be free and structured. You can have
> strict and structured or free and unstructured. In between does not exist,
> that is why KWord's DTD is so incomplete and needs so many
> non-machine-processable comments to describe the file format.

Yes, but this is also why DTDs are old technology, and have been
replaced with XML Schemas and Relax NG. The "in between" does exist now.

I suggest everyone to brush up on their Relax NG knowledge, since that's
the format that was chosen for the OASIS format :)   (see URL in last mail)
It's not too hard to understand anyway.

> DOM is not a standard parser. Standard parser like SAX or expat, do it from
> top to bottom. You cannot go back, you cannot go forward.
Yep.