List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: CC: Re: "new" wp for linux
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2004-04-14 11:50:39

On Wednesday 14 of April 2004 09:44, Thomas Zander wrote:
> the application has to set the exact text, position
Right. For justified output propably each word would need independent
positioning (unless you write more advanced postscript driver which can draw
justified text based on postscript functions).

> and width for each text part (probably per line).
/Times-Roman findfont 24 scalefont setfont
100 100 moveto (Setting width is not necessary. I must have misunderstood
something.) show showpage

> If you didn't the postscript printer would have to move text to the next
> page if it did not fit anymore; and that really is impossible using PS.
But the situation you are talking about happens only when you use diffrent
metrics for screen and postscript output.

Tomek