List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: OASIS file format for Krita
From:       dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de
Date:       2004-03-22 11:43:14

>> > * If there's consensus among the other KOffice developers that Krita
>> > has no business being in a future KOffice release, I'll be happy to
>> > move to kdegraphics. It'll still be a KOffice app, because we use
>> > KOffice libs.
>>
>> Perhaps more of KOffice base libs can be put into the core libs? So that
>> standalone applications can be built usind KOffice technology, without
>> actually be KOffice components?
>
> You can't have one without having the other, so what's the point? Naming?

And packaging. I think some features of KOffice would be useable without
KOffice, like the Model-View-Controller-Action-Tool framework, while
others are underused and too limited, like the embedding framework.

>> I cannot speak about Krita, because I don't really understand its design
>> decisions.
>> In my own application (not yet released, propbaly never) I was going to
>> use pure QImages as the things to render.
>
> Read back on the koffice mailing lists (some 3 to 5 years) that solution
> is unworkable for various reasons.

I have not proposed using my design with the QImages for all of KOffice.

>> > Sodipodi/Inkscape show promise to become the vector apps of
>> > choice.
>>
>> What's really unfortunate, because this "best of breed" application
>> doesn't work in any component system. At least to me a standalon vector
>> graphics application is not of much use.
>
> To you it may not be; but there has been lots of evidence that the general
> userbase has a really different opinion about that.

Agrred, on this. But I am still allowed to voice my own opinion in a
discussion, aren't I? ;)