List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread <-> OOo Calc filter
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-02-10 13:57:35

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 14:08, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> [just resent as a really "new" thread]
>
> This mail is an answer to the "KWord to OOWriter filter (also call for
> developers)" thread, but this title wouldn't fit anymore...
>
> On Wednesday 28 January 2004 08:13, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> > On Monday 26 January 2004 10:36, David Faure wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > Do you want to do the same kind of work with the OOImpress<->KPresenter
> > > converters? Or maybe OOCalc<->KSpread?
> > > (I believe the former is easier since so much is in common with the
> > > OOWriter<->KWord filters).
> >
> > I'll have a look at both and then see which one I will work on. For
> > timeline: I *might* have more time after 10th of February or so. I think
> > I will also work on KSpread a bit in general - bug fixes, small
> > improvements, ...
>
> well, I guess it's 10th February ;)
>
> just some short questions:
> Is anyone already working on improving KSpread <-> OOCalc interoperability?
> No matter if someone is, I will assist with it.
>
> I think I will start to improve the KSpread <-> OOCalc filters - they need
> it ;)  . After that - or if someone else has some time - I will start to
> convert KSpread to the OOCalc native format.
> Is that a good plan?

Be careful that KSpread's filter a document-centered and not file-centered. So
unlike KWord that still needs the OOWriter filter, KSpread it is a little
different. KSpread needs the OOCalc filters transformed as default loading/
saving and needs the current loading/saving transformed as new KSpread 1.3
filter.

> How far is KWord?

There is at least still plenty to do on the KWord 1.3 import filter. I suppose
that David has still plenty to do on the KWord 1.3 export filter (currently
still known as OOWriter export filter) and he has also probably plenty to do
on the loading/saving in KWord.

> Please also note that I have no CVS account, so I will send patches to the
> list, thus I can't change anything if it's against your will - for example:

When you will feel ready to have a CVS account, see:
http://www.koffice.org/developer/generalinfo/applycvsaccount.php

> is a move to the OOCalc format even wanted?  (I take it as granted, but I'm
> open for surprises of course)

Yes, Ariya has started it

> Oh, and there is a broken link on this page:
> http://www.koffice.org/developer/filters/useful.php
> DocType is broken.

I will look at it.

> greetings,