List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Problem (was: Re: KSpread bugs)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-10-19 20:52:33

I have not much an idea what to do.

As Kexi seems to plan a Beta for end of January 2004, perhaps waiting for KDE
3.2 could be good, if Kexi could be included in KOffice 1.3 too. It would
also avoid I18N complication about not having Kexi's translations into
KOffice's one. (However, I have the feeling that currently Kexi's translation
is planned to be released with KOffice 1.3, making a seperate release
untranslated and therefore unofficial.)

Another point for delaying would be to know who will able to work on KSpread
for example in the holidays at the end of the year. If the main KSpread
developers know that they will not be able to work on it, then it has little
sence to wait. (However it means that there will not have time for porting
KSpread to OOCalc file format either. So anyway we lose time.)

And I suppose too that Lukáš has more than enough to wait.

On the other side, as Qt4 is only for (end of) summer 2004 and KDE4 is not
scheduled yet, we are not really in hurry.

Personally, I am going to look at some of the KSpread filter problems. I have
not any idea if it wil help but some of the problems seems more about the
output of the filter.

Have a nice day!