List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KPresenter maintainership
From:       David Faure <dfaure () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2003-08-29 11:42:52

On Friday 29 August 2003 12:31, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Friday 29 August 2003 05:46, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > -> spell chek is not finished (thanks to Zack to finish it)
>
> It's at a position where it simply works. Nicely too ;) But there's no
> way we'll be able to keep BC in it. Currently it's simply impossible.
> So the big question is:
> 1) Should Zack do everything he can while there's still a little bit of
> time before the release to give it a chance of staying BC,
> 2) Should Zack leave it simply working and start hacking on changes that
> would make it possible to keep it BC and have a saner architecture
> (frontend [dialog] controls the backend [the actual spelling engine]
> and not the other way round)
> Please let me know because I'm leaving in about 12 hours and I could
> definitely finish it before I'll land home :)

I'd suggest to put big fat warnings like "BC not guaranteed in the future",
and of course make sure the header files are not getting installed.
This is also what we do for libkotext, which will change a lot in the future.

Then you can actually prepare a much better architecture for kospell,
as you plan to, that would be excellent.