List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Question about RTF import filter
From:       Ewald Snel <ewald () rambo ! its ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2003-08-29 11:25:50

Hi Nicolas,

> Wait! You are not telling me that MS has changed the specification after
> RTF 1.5 on that point. :-(

I have used version 1.6 (1999) to develop the import filter.

> Good, I leave it as it, even if it is uncompatible with older RTF versions.
> (I will just add a comment so that another developer does not fall into the
> same trap.)

It should be compatible according to the specification. The writer should
probably insert some extra keywords for compatibility with older readers (\ul
to turn on any underline for example, followed by the underline style).

> Before I make another mistake, do \ulnone and \ul0 still switch off *all*
> underlines or has this be changed too?

Yes, from the specification:

"\ul		Continuous underline. \ul0 turns off all underlining."

The code is correct, the "\ul" keyword is a toggle property and the other
underline keywords are flag properties.

Perhaps it would be better to use an enumeration for the underline styles? The
parsing of underline styles of KOffice is now incorrect: these keywords are
not booleans, but should select an underline style (flag).

> Have a nice day!

bye,

ewald