List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Currency shortcuts as translating strings in kspread
From:       Christian Mueller <cmueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-06-30 20:47:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Freitag, 27. Juni 2003 18:11 schrieb Diego Iastrubni:
> I do not agree. I don't think many people (which native language is not
> english) will easy realize that USD is "US dollar". They will prefer it
> translated to their native languages.

Well, the three letter codes mentioned are *standardised*.
So they are as international as can be...

See for example:
http://www.id3.org/iso4217.html

If their meaning isn't clear then there should be an additional information element
with a translated text.  The codes themselves shouldn't be changed, IMHO.

Christian.