List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kexi wiki and release
From:       Lucijan Busch <lucijan () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-05-28 14:38:23

hi,
i'm writing because i want to inform you that we have build a wiki page at
http://www.jowenn.at/kde/kexi/wikiview/ (read-only version) where we have
open discussions about the overall aim, usabillity and any futher questions.

the other topic concerns releases. the first question: is there any
approximate date when beta1 of koffice 1.4 will release?
however we pland to make a final release at the mid-end of october however
forms wouldn't be included and i think for a application like kexi which
draws its attention rather on dataprocessing than on database administration
forms are quite important.

here is my question (mostly for kexi related developers):
1.
do you think it is a good idea releasing kexi without options of higher
dataporcessing?

2.
do we really need to run a sepperate release?
a sepperate release means a lot of extra work (translation, translation) so if
1.4 isn't to far should we really go to a sepperate release.

i hope to get some answers on this mail

bye,
lucijan