List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: OO formats (Re: A killer app for KOffice/KDE?)
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2003-02-25 23:29:04

> > For me, an ideal would have been something with the frame structure of
> > KWord, the detailed completness of OO, but relying on CSS as a base for
all
> > formatting.

> The advantage of OO is that you can do it with a simple QDomDocument.
> However you cannot parse CSS like that. (And KHTML is jealous about its
CSS
> results.)

I started a CSS parser in my kdenonbeta/kpainter/svgutils project. Until now
nothing really complex, just a basic parser, what I needed until now.
The interface for a SAC style parser are defined (Simple API for CSS from
W3C), but until now I haven't found the time to actually implement it (this
is needed for the more complex CSS items like selectors)

Regards
Dirk