List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: A killer app for KOffice/KDE?
From:       shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2003-02-23 23:59:43

On Saturday 22 Feb 2003 9:37 am, M. Fioretti wrote:
> Said this, locking, or at least really bothering users with
> uncompatible file formats used to be one of the most distinguishing
> features of proprietary SW. May I ask you why one common file format
> between OOo, KOffice, and other products would be not desirable?

Sure. I think this assumes that ANYONE has actually got a design paradigm
which covers all word processor programs. For example, IIRC, OO inherits the
page-oriented approach of MS Word: how would one fit KWord into that?

Thanks, Shaheed

P.S. In case I am doing the OASIS file formats a disservice with regard to
frames, I bet one could find a hundred other such differences in thinking.