List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: A killer app for KOffice/KDE?
From:       "M. Fioretti" <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2003-02-22 9:37:32

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 19:14:29 at 07:14:29PM +0000, shaheed (srhaque@iee.org) wrote:

> Of course, there are many reasons previously discussed why that is certainly
> not easy. And IMHO, not desirable either.

I remember some of those discussions (one of them was KOffice being
frame vs page oriented, right?). I agree that is far than easy, I just
wanted to note that the benefits would be so great to justify, maybe,
working on that *before* many other things currently en vogue.

Said this, locking, or at least really bothering users with
uncompatible file formats used to be one of the most distinguishing
features of proprietary SW. May I ask you why one common file format
between OOo, KOffice, and other products would be not desirable?

	Ciao,
		Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF SUCCESS THAT CAN COMPENSATE FOR FAILURE
AT HOME.