List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Again on status of KOffice/Oasis integration
From:       "M. Fioretti" <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2003-01-19 13:17:48

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 11:47:18 at 11:47:18AM +0100, Nicolas Goutte (nicolasg@snafu.de) wrote:
> The "answer" was already given a few weeks before that email:
> http://lists.kde.org/?t=103656806000004&r=1&w=2
>
> Have a nice day/evening/night!

I had subscribed to this list also to know what koffice was planning
on the file formats side. Since one of the first messages I received
after subscription was the one I quoted, which asked the very same
question, I didn't ask myself or check the archives as I usually do

Since nobody pointed out the thread that you give, and nobody
commented it in any way, I decided to try to ask.

Said this, that thread shows that the question was already submitted,
and confirms that it is a strategic one, but it doesn't give a
definite answer. Has David Faure, or anybody else from KDE, joined the
OASIS committees? What is KDE's official position about this? Searching oasis
in the www.kde.org search box gives only three URLs which talk of the
KDE documentation using docbook.

	Ciao,
		Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one
wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering
if something could have materialized -- and never knowing.  --
				     David Viscott