List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [kpresenter] random things
From:       Percy Leonhardt <percy () eris23 ! de>
Date:       2002-12-26 10:58:02

On Thursday 26 December 2002 07:46, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
> > And rename the entry to 'Structure Viewer...' and rename 'Presentation
> > Pen Color' to 'Pen Color' and 'Presentation Pen Width' to 'Pen Width'.
>
> On the second thought, how about putting the structure viewer into to
> current Outline tab ? Until we have a clear separation between content and
> layout, this could be a useful interim solution.

I like this idea. And maybe add an option in the settings like 'Show structure
in outline' that will show the 'cross' in front of the title in order to open
it. 'void QListView::setRootIsDecorated ( bool )' comes to my mind...

> My concern at the moment is only Mouse/Select toolbutton. I don't see the
> point of having frame around the arrow. Simply the arrow should be enough,
> like in old KPresenter.
> I'll switch the icon to arrow-without-frame if nobody objects.

I won't. ;-)

> > As Lukas already mentioned, F5 is 'Insert Table' at the moment. But true,
> > a shortcut to start the presentation would be good. OOImpress uses
> > 'STRG+F2'.
>
> You mean Ctrl+F2 ? :-P
> Personally I vote for F5 and "break" shortcut compatibility with KPresenter
> 1.2. Comparing 'Insert Table' and 'Start Slideshow', I think the latter
> would win with respect to how often it will be used.

What I dislike with F5 is, that F2 to F12 all insert an object... only F5
would do something different. Not very consistent... someone has an usability
guy at hand to ask?

> > And what about a shortcut for 'Preview current slide'? Isn't this on not
> > even more used while editing a presentation?
>
> My another idea: make it as "Start from current slide" which will
> show/preview the current slide in full-screen and yet user can continue
> doing the slideshow. At the moment, the standard "Start" action will start
> the slideshow _always_ from the very first slide

Yup, this one is even better! :-)
And the shortcut could be CTRL+"what ever we use for 'start-slideshow'".

	Percy :-)