List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [kpresenter] random things
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-26 6:46:17

> And rename the entry to 'Structure Viewer...' and rename 'Presentation Pen
> Color' to 'Pen Color' and 'Presentation Pen Width' to 'Pen Width'.

On the second thought, how about putting the structure viewer into to current
Outline tab ? Until we have a clear separation between content and layout,
this could be a useful interim solution.

> About the context-menu: I also find to to cluttered with those entries. I
> think they should be moved to a seperate submenu (but how to name it?) or
> they should be removed... I am open for both solutions.

First step I'd take is removing help/grid from context-menu, let they be in
main menu only (View). Same thing for header/footer since they're not that
essential.

> The renaming is okay for me but with the icons I would be carefull to keep
> the 'style'... I mean, okay, the icons for autoform, lines, closed lines
> and shapes are ugly and have no style at all but the rest of the icons in
> that toolbar fit to each other. Maybe we need a new/complete set of icons
> for this toolbar.

My concern at the moment is only Mouse/Select toolbutton. I don't see the
point of having frame around the arrow. Simply the arrow should be enough,
like in old KPresenter.
I'll switch the icon to arrow-without-frame if nobody objects.

> As Lukas already mentioned, F5 is 'Insert Table' at the moment. But true, a
> shortcut to start the presentation would be good. OOImpress uses 'STRG+F2'.

You mean Ctrl+F2 ? :-P
Personally I vote for F5 and "break" shortcut compatibility with KPresenter
1.2. Comparing 'Insert Table' and 'Start Slideshow', I think the latter would
win with respect to how often it will be used.

> And what about a shortcut for 'Preview current slide'? Isn't this on not
> even more used while editing a presentation?

My another idea: make it as "Start from current slide" which will show/preview
the current slide in full-screen and yet user can continue doing the
slideshow. At the moment, the standard "Start" action will start the
slideshow _always_ from the very first slide