List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] New mime types in KOffice
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () jowenn ! at>
Date:       2002-12-18 0:50:10

Hi

Am Mit, 2002-12-18 um 01.04 schrieb Nicolas Goutte:
> No, I have not renamed anything yet.
>
> However, I have seen the commit comment of the new kugar mime type. Is the new
> file format completely replacing the older one? In this case, we could simply
> have "application/vde.kde.kugar" and simply leave "application/x-kugar" to
> the older file firmat? Or do I have misunderstood something?

The old file format is a simple xml file, with an optional reference to
a template, which could be anywhere. I'd like to keep that, because it
makes sense for large data files generated by an external application.
The new mixed kugar file. Will be used for embedding into other
documents and makes live easier, if you eg want to send somebody a kugar
report. Just save it and send ONE (mixed/bundled file existing of data
and template) file per email.

In short:
1)The old kugar format will stay for opening (importing)
2)The mixed kugar format will be for opening of and SAVING in a koffice
compliant zip file.

> As far as I know, you are developing for Kexi too? Do you see any problem in
> renaming Kexi's mime type?

Since Kexi hasn't been released yet, I see no problem with renaming the
mime type.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger