List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: David F. could you comment? (or whoever feels qualified)
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-11-22 7:45:48

Hello Nate,

Am Freitag, 22. November 2002 06:34 schrieb Nathan Murphy:
> I suspected that David F. would have some input on my
> question, but it really is open to all.
>
> There is a patch to KSpread regarding crashes with
> cells containing large ammounts of text data.

It's about obscuring cells, but that doesn't mind.

> That
> and other patches I'm sure sit in CVS head right now
> and were applied post 1.2 cause me to wonder if there
> will be a 1.2.1 release and when that would be.

Just see the post of David recently or have a look at the KOffice release
information on the web site. In Short, 1.2.1 should hit the streets round
about December 10th.

> 1.2
> came out in September and was a fine product, and as a
> worker at a company that uses Linux/KDE extensively on
> both servers and desktops, I'd appreciate the
> information.  Was/is it an issue of waiting for KDE
> 3.1 and the associated library updates or something
> else?

Yes and no. Yes, the final date was decided to be after the release of KDE
3.1. No, we simply need some time to fix. 2 months are fine for fixing.

> Also, since I'm being rather a nag, is there a
> plan for the next KOffice release that might make its
> way onto the KDE.org site? Thanks in advance for your
> time to think/ponder/and maybe even answer these
> questions.

No real plan, but it will not be in the next 3 months (the time I need at
least for the stuff I want to finish).

Philipp
KSpread Developer