List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: The road goes ever on
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-10-29 12:15:47

On Monday 28 October 2002 1:41 pm, Robert JACOLIN wrote:
|  Le Mercredi 31 Décembre 1969 23:59, Ariya Hidayat a écrit :
[...]
|  > Also, don't miss improvements on other filters, like with Microsoft Word
|  > import (Werner+David), Gnumeric import (Norbert), Excel import (Ariya),
|  > RTF import (Nicolas), and many more. If I miss something, then please
|  > speak-up.
|
|  Again, I want to say I'm working on my latex export filter to add the
|  translation of pictures ((png, jpg, ...] -> eps, because latex support
| only (e)ps files). I want to use ImageMagick which seems already used in
| koffice for krita.
|  I have a problem because I want to compile this feature only if
| ImageMagick is installed. If ImageMagick has been found on the system, does
| a HAVE_LIBMAGICK macro exist in config.h ?

While I highly appreciate idea of using ImageMagick in KDE/KOffice, what about
converting PNG->EPS using GhostScript?
GhostScript 7.x (in paricular, GNU GS 7.05) can be compiled as shared library,
so you can make call directly to ghostscript.so, instead of invoking gs
executable (like KPrinter does at a moment)

BTW:  what GS can't do is to convert SVG or WMF to EPS.  You indeed may want
to use ImageMagick for that task.  SVG support in ImageMagick is not perfect,
but WMF support is quite good!

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)