List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: The road goes ever on
From:       Robert JACOLIN <rjacolin () ifrance ! com>
Date:       2002-10-28 9:36:21

Le Mercredi 31 Décembre 1969 23:59, Ariya Hidayat a écrit :

> Aiya ! *)
Salut ! :)

> It's been roughly six weeks after KOffice 1.2 release time, but of course
> "The road goes ever on and on". Here I'd like to summarize some new KOffice
> filters which have been developed so far:
>  MagicPoint import filter for KPresenter (Lukáš)
>  OpenOffice.org Calc import filter for KSpread (Norbert)
>  OpenOffice.org Writer import filter for KWord (Laurent)
>  StarOffice Writer 5.x import filter for KWord (Marco+Ariya)
>  SVG import filter for Karbon (Rob)
>
> ..and others which (hopefully) come alive soon:
>   StarOffice Calc 5.x import filter for KSpread (Norbert)
>   OpenOffice.org Impress import filter for KPresenter (Laurent)
Well, it's a good oportunity to say I'm working on a new kspread latex export
filter. Nothing on cvs, right now.

> Also, don't miss improvements on other filters, like with Microsoft Word
> import (Werner+David), Gnumeric import (Norbert), Excel import (Ariya), RTF
> import (Nicolas), and many more. If I miss something, then please speak-up.
Again, I want to say I'm working on my latex export filter to add the
translation of pictures ((png, jpg, ...] -> eps, because latex support only
(e)ps files). I want to use ImageMagick which seems already used in koffice
for krita.
I have a problem because I want to compile this feature only if ImageMagick is
installed. If ImageMagick has been found on the system, does a HAVE_LIBMAGICK
macro exist in config.h ?

Finally, I'm still working on a latex filter import and begin to make a
koffice filter (the parser exists [on my computer]).

> Now KOffice starts to be able to handle most popular document formats out
...and less popular documents too :)

--
bobby