List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Re: Re: Clipart Dialog II
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-10-25 12:21:29

> > In fact, I like the use of a "generic" file chooser for loading clipart
as a
> > basis, perhaps with some helper functionality (kio-clipart, anyone :))

> Because it serves usability better or because it's easier to implement?

At least in my opinion useability is better if I can use standard components
with standard behaviour, instead of having to learn the ways of yet another
custom GUI.

YMMV

You have a known set of features/actions, which can be used by a user, which
is skilled in the category. Think of e.g. the "create folder" functionality
in a "file open" dialog. It is no part of the "default actions" in file
selection, but it was implemented because the feature was wished for, and it
was useable.

I didn't find such a feature in the current clipart selection dialog, but I
still think the feature would be useable in the clipart selection context.

And by implementing the clipart "backend" as a ioslave, you provide the
functionality that clipart collections can be managed via e.g. konqueror,
while clipart selection can be done via an easier dialog, like a clipart
selection dialog/ file chooser.

Regards
Dirk