List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Re: Clipart Dialog II
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () microweb ! nl>
Date:       2002-10-25 12:21:13

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 10:03:19AM +0200, kudling@kde.org wrote:
> > Ever seen a class selection tree in a Java IDE, there are much more possible
> > classes to choose from, and they are propery categorized by nested packages.
> > A plaint list would fall flat on its face, so a tree is used for
> > visualization.
>
> We are not discussing about tree widgets anymore. It's about wether the
> clipart dialog should be a filesystem dialog or something more
> optimized.

No, that is not what I meant; I said we should look at the KDELibs open dialogs
when choosing a general layout.
I'm NOT saying its enough; I'm just saying some proposals for change were going
away from the global filesystem approuch a bit too much.

As I said in another email, changing the latest screenshot to move the buttons
below the tree view to the top and placing the 'name' field to span both the
list of icons plus the preview should do it.

Its basically the same thing as it is now; but it looks uses the ideas behind
the global file-open dialogs.

> You seem to support the out "optimized" POV even though you formulated
> it like disagreement.

I (and I know the above was not ment for me, but I'm just saying what I like
anyway). I feel the optimized POV is very good, as long as you start with the
global open diag and tweak it to be perfect for your needs.
In other words; don't re-invent the wheel :)

--
Thomas Zander