List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    New unit widget
From:       Lenny <kudling () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-10-26 8:30:17

Hi list,

Rob started to write the first of the 2 needed unit aware widgets for karbon:
a double spinbox.

It will be soon similar to the one found in Illustrator and maybe other
programs: if the domestic unit is for example mm and the widget currently
show "1.5mm" and you enter "1in" it will calulate this to "27mm" (or
similar).

Laurent means that this is not needed in koffice and that we should keep it in
karbon14. I disagree a bit, why should choice/comfort hurt? And i don't think
that koffice programms should look/behave too different when it comes to
central pieces like input widgets.

Any other oppinions?

bye
Lenny