List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Clipart dialog II
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-10-24 15:15:13

Vadim Plessky wrote

> I can't download such tarball now, any chance to get 2 or 3 EPS files from
> those (zipped)?
> I have quite good experience with pstoedit, SVG files generated by it are
> quite reasonable.

I have extracted the files to my computer. I can send you some examples.

The files are loaded just fine, I just would need some more features of
Karbon for better results. What I would like to see is a bounding rectangle
(instead of a bounding rectangle with fixed origin)
Some documents have bounding boxes of, say -183, -54 - 200, 200, making it
effectively invisible in Karbon.
What I also would need is clipping functionality, i.e. a path is used for
clipping the following content.
And I would like to have combine and break apart tools. The quality of the
images is rather low, mostly autotraced stuff. Without powerful tools for
path combination it is rather difficult to do useful things with these
cliparts.

And there are somehow some ugly render errors, especially while selecting
graphicla items with these cliparts.

Regards
Dirk

P.S: what application is used for thumbnail generation of EPS images? They
show up fine in Konqueror, so I did only some tests with explicitly starting
Karbon14 for.

D.