List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Clipart dialog II
From:       Benoit Vautrin <benoit.vautrin () free ! fr>
Date:       2002-10-24 9:31:36

On Thursday 24 October 2002 10:49, kudling@kde.org wrote:
> > I am wondering what the icon of the folder is doing there, maybe make it
> > smaller and move it to the left of the folder name? This would be in sync
> > with other file dialogs.
>
> Hm, i personally wouldn't need the title twice. And the space it takes
> could be filled with nearly one additonal clipart row.

In fact, the title is not displayed twice when a index.desktop file is found
in the category directory... You find the name in the tree view and the
category description above the icon view. Same thing above the preview
widget: if there is a KFilePlugin able to retrieve the image name or title,
it is show.

> > ps. I remember I had an awful lot of (eps) clipart files back in my Amiga
> > days. they were free for download (and free to use :) from aminet. Should
> > I do a search for them?
>
> Of course. :) But find the license too. Maybe they can be polished and
> SVGized.

Creating a new clipart collection is fairly easy:
you add a directory in share/cliparts for the collection and other under it
for categories. Each directory should include a index.desktop file with name
and comment describing the collection/category. Please remember to set the
comment of your images as they are used by the search engine...

bye,

	Ben.