List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Karbon's rename (was: Re: Karbon(14) rename to curt)
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-08-26 9:03:20

On Monday 26 August 2002 10:44 am, kudling@kde.org wrote:
|  > Hello, just a few more suggestions :
|
|  Thanks.
|
|  > "14" in french is "Quatorze", which pronounces broadly :
|  >
|  > Katorz...
|
|  Nice... but... hm ... i don't know...

to difficult to pronounce, for non-native speaker.
But still better than "curt" :-)

|  > Kaligraph -> "good at drawing"
|
|  Too dangerous imo.

I like this name, simple and recognizable
What you found dangerous in this name?

|  > Kalam -> "pen"
|
|  Sounds likle kalamari.

which reminds me oKtopus, proposed 2 years ago in "Renaming Konqueror" thread.
Or Oktopodia (Greek word for "octopus")

BTW: I rememebr there was very nice wor processor for Atari ST,  named
"Calamus" (was developed in Germany, IIRC)
Does this word have some meaning in German/other languages?

[...]
|  BYe
|  Lenny

P.S. I am strongly against Curt. It's difficult to pronounce and remember.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)