List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Karbon's rename (was: Re: Karbon(14) rename to curt)
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2002-08-26 7:47:34

> Kaligraph -> "good at drawing"

IMHO kaligraphy has more to do with stylistic text than with general
drawing.

> > Kassandra -> a famous woman and prophet ...means nothing but cute :)

> Sounds dangerous too. "Cool" names are almost always taken. In general
> some guys are fed up with those K-names.

At least you can assign a program to its desktop environment. I absolutely
don't like the current way on,
say, Freshmeat, with its hordes and hordes of new applications, and no way
to recognize them how the are used
for.

At least I try to maintain a "clean" desktop environment, which
unfortunately renders e.g. Evolution unsuitable for me.

I must say, I prefer a proper K prefix for a  KDE application.

And please, no more "stylistic names". I mean, what is the connection
between the name "curt" and a KOffice drawing application. It doesn't show a
"K", and it has no relationship to the functionality of the program.

I think I would like the name "Kalam". It is at least a reference to the
intended functionality.
And I still think Karbon14 should be renamed to KOAGE :)

Dirk