List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kontour. Problems, solution?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-07-20 21:16:06

Whatever the solution, I think that it should be decided fast.

We have also problems with the filters, depending on Kontour's version.

1. Kontour's RTF export filter: it should better work with the old version or
perhaps not at all. In any case, it needs the version in CVS HEAD, as the old
one wants KIllustrator and is inside the KWord's filter. However the CVS HEAD
KWord filter does *not* contain the Kontour filter anymore.

2. KWord's MS Word import filter: it uses Kontour for cliparts. No idea if it
would work with an old Kontour, no idea if it would work when we would force
the clipart to become a picture. (The filter seems to permit it as far as I
can tell.) The problem of using a picture is that it was never tested with
KWord's unified pictures and the filter is *not* generating <KEY>.

Apart of the filters, there is perhaps a problem with I18N, as some
(new) teams might have not any translation for the old Kontour. (However I
suppose that Thomas Diehl knows it better...)

Have a nice day/evening/night!