List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KSpread selections
From:       John Dailey <dailey () vt ! edu>
Date:       2002-06-05 21:49:15

I'm having a problem that hopefully I can get some input on here.

I'm working on fixing KSpread so that the current selection is part of the
view, not the table.  This is why multiple views of a kspread file are
completely useless right now.  I'm almost done except for updating the DCOP
interfaces.  I can't find any way to keep backwards compatability in
KSpreadTableIface.  There's no way to reach a view from the table -- and
rightly so since there may be any number of views to the data and we probably
are only wanting to update one certain view's selection.

Any ideas?  Or did I make the problem clear?  Just dropping the selection
funcitons from the table would cause major problems in any script because now
the selection information is passed as a parameter to nearly every table
operation.

John