List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread formulas
From:       John Dailey <dailey () vt ! edu>
Date:       2002-05-21 17:25:40

I agree with everything here, the question is what to prioritize.  How much
can we accomplish before early July?  In my mind, the most important thing to
do is to separate out the KSpreadValue class (or adjust the KSValue class for
this purpose).  Right now there are several bugs in the system where there
are rounding errors, and I would like to see us use something like the gnu MP
library.

I had already started to separate the value out of the cell class, but stopped
because I'm not sure how we want to handle numeric data.  Do we want to keep
using double precision floats?  Or try to use some kind of high precision
library?  What opinions do people have?

-John