List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    RFC:  Moving all configure items under the settings menu in KWord.
From:       Mike McBride <mpmcbride7 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-05-21 15:41:33

Hi,

Again, before the message freeze, I would like to offer my opinion on some of
the newer menu entries. Please comment freely.

Since we have a "settings" menu, I recommend that:

1) Tools -> Autocorrection be changed to Settings -> Configure Autocorrection.

(Which is more correct.  After all, autocorrection happens automatically.
These are configuration dialogs, and the entry should be under the settings
menu.)

2) Tools -> Configure Completion.... be changed to Settings -> Configure
Completion

3) Tools -> Configure Footnotes/Endnotes be changed to Settings -> Configure
Footnotes/Endnotes

(These two moves will get other configuration dialogs under the Settings
Menu.)

Alternativly, Tools - >Configure Footnotes/Endnotes could be changed to
Format-> Footnotes/Endnotes, if this dialog is going to be primarily about
the look, not the function of Footnotes/endnotes.)

4) Tools -> Configure Mail Merge be changed to "Tools -> Mail Merge".

(This is because not only do you configure mail merge under this menu item,
but it is the only way to initiate a mail merge.)

Comments anyone?

--
Mike McBride
mpmcbride7@yahoo.com