List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    RFC: Renaming karbon14
From:       Lenny <kudling () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-30 21:00:02

Hi,

during chats with people with different backgrounds i found that there is a
non-zero possibility of confusing karbon14 with Apple Carbon (tm). Even
though both products are very different, there is the danger that some
underpaid lawyer in a country with some brain damaged laws might find an
oportunity to earn some money.
I concluded it's necessary to rename karbon14 - the earlier the better. My
ideas so far:
- 14
- k14
- Cf252
- kurve
- stupid (or any other name no company would dare to choose)

If nobody comes up with a better name, we will have to decide among those
choices.

Regards
Lenny

PS: In order to not make mighty dfaure angry, we also accept suggestions via
private mail.