List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [KPresenter] UI redesign
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-04-29 15:49:48

On Monday 29 April 2002 17:29, Percy Leonhardt wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, David Faure wrote:
>
> > On Monday 29 April 2002 14:31, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > > Yes but there is some people we want to make default value no ?
> > > For example : Polygon : I want to create a polygon with 5 line, I don't want
> > > to redefine each time my conf.
> >
> > Right,
> > which is why this solution:
>
> Here you agree with Laurent... (we want default-values)

No, I agree that having to open the config dialog for every polygon
I insert is a no-no. But this doesn't mean the polygon should have a
default number of sides! It means the user should get asked how many
sides the polygon should have. So for that particular case: NO default value.

Hmmm. After playing a bit with KPresenter I'm not sure anymore. I don't
use polygons at all, so I can't say if users tend to insert all sort of
different ones - and all pies with different angles, etc. or if people tend
to always insert the same kind (and hence would be bothered by a dialog
asking them each time). Dunno. Anyway this toolbar is impossible to find
and understand, I'm very much for getting rid of it.

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/