List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [KPresenter] UI redesign
From:       Percy Leonhardt <percy () eris23 ! de>
Date:       2002-04-29 15:29:04

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, David Faure wrote:

> On Monday 29 April 2002 14:31, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > Yes but there is some people we want to make default value no ?
> > For example : Polygon : I want to create a polygon with 5 line, I don't want
> > to redefine each time my conf.
>
> Right,
> which is why this solution:

Here you agree with Laurent... (we want default-values)

> > I add an entry under 'Settings' -> 'Configure KPresenter' with 4 Tabs
> > where you can set the default-settings for pie, rectangle, polygon and
> > picture. I think 'picture' won't make any sense, but let's give the user
> > the option...
>
> is NOT a solution. It's exactly what you don't want: having to open
> the config dialog before each polygon being inserted.

... and here you say "default-values are NOT a solution".

Sorry, but now I am confused. ;-)

With my 'solution' we would get the advantages of my patch (cleaner
UI) and we would keep the functionality of having default-values per
document.

You only have to open the config-dialog when you want to change the
default-values not every time you insert a polygon.

Ciao,

	Percy :-)