List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Filter and tests
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-03-28 18:26:13

On Thursday 28 March 2002 09:29, Robert JACOLIN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Problem with filters
>
> this week-end, I coudn't worked on my filter. When I saved with a filter,
> kword crashed just before to access to this filter code, except for html
> filter where the dialog box appeared.
>
> Is it my configuration ? must I recompile all kword / filters ?

I guess...... any backtrace, to find out?

Might be the crash when saving due to style->followingStyle() ... I have
fixed that one, try updating kword (and koffice/lib)

> 2. Test filters.
> I think it's would be interesting to make test documents to help filter
> writter to test their work and to put them together in a directory. I think
> we have all these kind of document in our filter directory, right ?

The idea of a separate CVS module is much better. Such documents are
useful for developers only, there's no need to bloat the koffice sources with
such documents.
The KHTML hackers use a khtmltests CVS module.
I have just created a kofficetests CVS module, for koffice filters test documents.
Feel free to import whatever you want there (well, in relation with koffice ;-)
Note that this module won't be mirrored by rsync, anoncvs and cvsup mirrors (no need).

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/