List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Filter and tests
From:       Robert JACOLIN <rjacolin () ifrance ! com>
Date:       2002-03-28 15:43:15

Le Jeudi 28 Mars 2002 16:20, Enno Bartels a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Robert Jacolin wrote:
> ------------------------

> > 2. Test filters.
> > I think it's would be interesting to make test documents to help filter
> > writter to test their work and to put them together in a directory. I
> > think we have all these kind of document in our filter directory, right ?
> > Also, we will be able to used a very large panel of document, with each
> > one a specific problem.
>
> Very good
> I thing I the cvs would be the right place for those test files - in a new
> root directory - called koffice-test-docs.
> With the following substructure (look at the end of the email)
> I have separeted the winword, excel und powerpoint subdirs by their version
> numbering - I thing this is important - to test each version differented.
I put them in one common directory :
	-word
		- word95
		- word97
Because it's the same filter AFACR, right ?

Yes, I did for my filter ! See http://elbobby.free.fr/kword/index-en.html

> If someone would start adding features to some existing filter he can see
> the missing part on the screenshots.
> If I look at the screenshots of the docs displayed with applixware and if I
> then use the import filter I can see whats badly missing.
>
> And of course I have about 40 testfiles for my applix filters
> (and about 260 for the windraw filter - but thats not jet ready for
> kontour) But I could one share the private files - not my files on work
> -sorry!
Doc must be specific to test some features with several difficulty for each
feature. Some document with several features can be interresting but they are
less important.

> > Now, if we have a common directory, we can automatise (don't know if it's
> > a good english word) tests by a command which open all the documents for
> > all filters every week/month/... Also we will know always the filters
> > status for all features (each document will test a feature, several
> > document can test
> > One/several feature(s) ).
>
> I can be automaticly generated a status file - if the application did or
You can ? Right now ? How do you make that ?
> did not crash - but it can not generate the information if the feature is
> good displayed -
Yes the result is binary (yes or no).

> > When a release will be done, the features status filters page(s) would be
> > added in the released document.
> >
> > I think it's also possible to make that for koffice applications.
>
> -----
>
>  koffice-test-docs
>    + general
>         + xsltfilter
>    + kword
>         + abiword
>         + amipro
>         + applixword
>         + ascii
>         + docbook
>         + html
>         + latex
>         + mif
>         + mswrite
>         + palmdoc
>         + rtf
>         + winword95
>         + winword97
>         + winword2000
>         + windordxp
>         + wml
>         + wordperfect
>    + kspread
>         + applixspread
>         + cvs
>         + excel95
>         + excel97
>         + excel2000
>         + excelxp
>         + gnumeric
>         + html
>         + qpro
>    + kpresenter
>         + powerpoint95
>         + powerpoint97
>         + powerpoint2000
>         + powerpointxp
>    + kontour
>         + applixgraphics
>         + latex
>         + msod
>         + svg
>         + wmf
>         + xfig
>    + ...

Yes and no : the directory can be :
koffice-test-docs
	+ input
		+ kword
			+ parag
			+ picture
			+ list
				- simple list
				- embeded list
				- two lists following
			+ header
			+ footer
			+ Miscellaneous (here perhaps special doc. for somes filters).
			- A very complex document to test all features in the application
	+ output
		+ see your architecture