List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: consequences of the interview
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-03-07 20:12:39

If we are talking about MS Word, I would also be perhaps good to find people
that would work on the RTF export filter.

The RTF filter would be good also for other word-processors and as long as we
do not have a native export filter for MS Word, it is even more needed!

On Thursday 07 March 2002 09:50, Philippe FREMY wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> One of my goal with the KOffice interview was to attract attention on
> KOffice, and to attract developers. Do you think it has had some effects ?
>
> The following ideas have been floating in my mind since the interview:
> - MsWord import filter is the number 1 request from KOffice users
> - It is a tedious task to develop those filters
> - KDE had received no help from other projects to do that
> - Most of wv2 was done when Werner was paid by Caldera
> - I have heard about a paypal account for the KDE ev
(...)

> 	regards,
>
> 	Philippe

Have a nice day/evening/night!