List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Putting images and cliparts together
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-03-07 20:20:12

On Thursday 07 March 2002 00:30, shaheed wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 March 2002 1:37 pm, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > Well, my task is to merge all graphic format into *one* black box (for
> > now named KoGraphic)
> >
> > Do you have a specific reason why you do not want it?
> >
> > Inside the black box, you could have as much difference as you like.
> >
> > I have thought of following categories:
> > - QImage-based
> > - QPicture-based
> > - EPS, as it seems to be a special case of QImage.
> >
> > I suppose that WMF should be added as fourth, as it would be perhaps
> > better if it paints directly instead through a QPicture.
>
> Ah. Possibly I misunderstood. As long as I can choose to keep the data in a
> vector (kontour-editable) format or a pixel-based (non-kontour-editable)
> format, I am happy.

If I understand you well, we will to be able to edit them in Kontour in
future (and the others perhaps in Krita.)

I had not really thought about it.

How do you plan the transfer of data between for example KWord and Kontour?
I need to have an idea not to block it unfortunately.

> Go for it.
>
> Thanks, Shaheed

Have a nice day/evening/night!