List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: consequences of the interview
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () tf ! itb ! ac ! id>
Date:       2002-03-07 16:56:35

> I would like to provide a way for people who really want MsWord import
> filter to help their development by donating money. When a sufficient
> amount of money has been reached, one filter developer could be paid for
> let's say one month, to work on them.

Had nobody interested in such job, I think I'm willing to do it.
Inspired by the interview, last week I've already started bothering Werner
and Shaheed with lots of questions regarding this filter, while at the same
time "consuming" MS Word format spec. The plan is that I will try to
continue what has been initiated in wv2. My primary concern at the moment is
a clean implementation of OLE library (so far so good). Hence, I believe
what I do is nicely inline with what Philippe said.

Regards,

:: ariya :: www.advogato.org/person/ariya

PS: At least I have Werner's support :-)